How Much Does It Cost to Replace Your Gutters?
New, professionally installed gutters make a huge difference in protecting your roof and your home from harmful moisture that, over time, can do significant damage. If you are looking at new gutters, what factors should you consider when budgeting?
Do My Gutters Need to Be Replaced?
There are many signs your gutters need to be replaced. If you see dents, rust, rotten fascia boards, dripping and overflow, it may be time.
In some cases, your gutters may simply need cleaning. Debris and muck can clog gutters and cause water to flow elsewhere. If your gutters are clean and clear and you observe dripping along the seams, water spilling over the lip, dents and rusted metal, you’ll want an estimate on new gutters.
What Factors Determine the Cost of New Gutters?
A licensed roofing and gutter company should look at your roof to give you an individualized bid on new gutters for your home. Every home is different and requires specific considerations. We can’t give you a bid online, but here are the primary factors that will affect your cost:
- Size of the job: The type and design of your roof determine how much gutter you’ll need. Two homes with the same square footage could need different lengths of gutters.
- Difficulty of the job: The height and pitch of your roof affect how easy installation will be. The type of material your roof is composed of, how the gutters are attached, and the number of corners can also make the work more challenging.
- Size and style of the gutter: Like any investment, there are levels of quality and price for new gutters. Larger gutters cost more than their smaller counterparts and fancier designs add to your costs.
- Material prices: Metal prices and supply fluctuate often.
- Additional features and components: Some jobs require special accommodations or hardware.
- Labor and liability: Roofing is dangerous work. A good, licensed roofer pays higher wages for skilled workers who do the job right. They also pay a higher premium for insurance and worker’s comp.
- Disposal of old gutters: If we’re replacing your old gutters, they will need to be hauled away or recycled.
- Warranty: At All Surface, we offer a one-year warranty on gutter replacement services.
Experience the All Surface Roofing Difference in Portland
We’re a family-owned company that prides itself on its reputation in the communities of Portland. We give exceptional value to our customers in all the work we do. Because of our smaller size, we can give personalized service with honest answers that you won’t get elsewhere.
Give us a call at 503-420-3343 or