Whether you need a new roof or you have roof damage that must be repaired, finding a good contractor is the first step to success. Without a proper roofing contractor, you could be setting yourself up for trouble in the future. Here are our recommendations on how to find a good roofing contractor.
Must-Have Tips for Finding a Good Roofing Contractor
The contractor you choose should be experienced, have a reputation for producing quality work and the integrity to complete your project to the best of their ability. How can you find a contractor that fits the bill?
- Check review sites: Websites such as Angie’s List and Yelp can help you find contractors in your area, complete with reviews, licensing, contact information and more.
- Use social media: An easy way to receive recommendations from others is by asking your social networks. You can also use platforms such as Facebook to search for roofing contractors in your area and to ask your friends for direct recommendations.
- Check with friends and co-workers: There’s no better way to find recommendations you can trust than by asking the people you see daily.
After you find a few roofing contractors that might be suitable for your project, there are a couple of other steps to take to ensure quality work.
- Review contractors by visiting the Better Business Bureau: Visit the Better Business Bureau to check for a roofing contractor’s accreditation and ratings. Businesses who are accredited and/or have A+ ratings display high standards of customer service and care.
- Ask for references: Reach out to the contractor and ask for references. This way, you can hear from past customers about their experience and the quality of the finished project.
Consequences of Not Choosing a Good Roofing Contractor
Unfortunately, hiring an unlicensed or subpar contractor can have lasting consequences on you and your home. Hiring a contractor that lacks experience in roofing projects could leave you with a leaky or unfinished roof, which can severely damage your home. Damages and repairs from subpar work can be costly, further digging into your finances.
Finding the Perfect Roofing Contractor Is Important for Your Project
For a project that’s completed correctly and on budget, you need a professional and highly-rated roofing contractor. To learn more about choosing a roofing contractor that fits your needs, send us a message.