Whether your roof was damaged in a storm or has a slow leak, you shouldn’t wait to repair it. Leaving the issue may result in further damage to your home. To best protect your home and the family inside of it, you need a full-service roof repair company. All Surface Roofing is here to help.
Our Portland Area Roof Repair Services
All Surface Roofing serves customers throughout the Portland-area and beyond. We’re here for all your roofing needs, from inspections to ensure your roof is in its best shape to quick and high-quality repairs.
Most Common Roofing Repairs Required
All Surface Roofing can repair any roofing issue or defect. Some of the most common repairs required include:
- Flashing repairs: The flashing on your roof reflects water from areas such as your chimney or vents. Often, flashing falls out of place or goes missing, resulting in water damage to the home.
- Roof penetrations: Your roof includes vents and pipes that stick through the surface. Some of these have built-in flashings or boots that often fall out of place or allow water to seep through.
- Shingle replacement and repair: Shingles are a critical part of the field of your roof as well as the ridge and hip areas. Most common issues include missing shingles or shingles that aren’t properly installed. It’s important to note that it’s often difficult to match replacement shingles to current shingles due to wear and tear. Yet, we’ll do our best to ensure you’re happy with the final result.
- Subpar installation repair: Some roofs may have not been properly installed, resulting in exposed nail heads or pops that allow moisture to enter your home. Other issues include soft spots that signal rot issues inside wood sheathing or rafters.
Our Roofing Repair Process
Our roofing repair process begins with an estimator who will carefully inspect your roof to determine the cost to fix it. In some cases, we may not be able to see what’s happening beneath the surface, without removing some of your roof.
If this is the case, we will need to perform a diagnostic review to determine the cost of the repair. Once our quote is accepted, we’ll schedule your roof repair promptly.
What Can Cause a Roof Leak?
Is your roof leaking? If so, you might be wondering what could cause water to pool, seep, and drain from your ceiling or walls. There are several reasons why you might spring a leak:
- Old age: Shingles and underlayment have a limited life span. After this time, they lose their ability to shed rain or keep water out of your home. Unfortunately, this gives moisture easy access to your walls and ceilings.
- Flashing defects: As flashing ages, it can rust, loosen or suffer damage. Flashing acts like a seal in critical areas of your home. As it deteriorates, water can enter your home from around your chimney, skylights or vents.
- Weather: High winds can result in tree limbs piercing the roof of your home. Snow can pile on top of an outdated roof and cause water damage. It’s also possible for a fast downpour to cause pooling on sunken areas of your roof.
- Faulty engineering: If your roof system wasn’t designed properly, the drainage system might not be able to rid your roof of water fast enough. This may cause backflow which can damage your shingles and underlayment.
Symptoms of a Leaking Roof
The most common symptoms of a leaking roof include water spotting and dripping on the inside of your home. Yet, you may also notice a presence of mold due to moisture build-up or dips in the surface of your roof.
Need a Roof Repair or Inspection? Give All Surface Roofing a Call Today!
Do you have a leak in your home? Don’t wait to reach out for repair. Our estimates are always free and fast. To schedule an inspection or to obtain an estimate, give us a call at 503-570-7663 or send us a message.