The professionals at All Surface Roofing & Construction understand that your roof is one of the first things people see when driving up to your home. Not only does your roof offer functionality, it can add beauty and warmth to your home’s overall appearance.
Many of our customers choose architectural shingles to achieve a distinctive look, setting their homes apart from the rest.
What Are Architectural Shingles?
Architectural shingles are a blend of asphalt and other materials. They have a distinct profile and come in unique color tones that mimic the most expensive roofing materials. Designed to look like cedar shake, clay tile, slate and stone, they provide a beautiful alternative to many other roof types, at a fraction of the cost of the real thing.
Additionally, architectural shingles are the next generation of what is known as “dimensional” shingles. Developed in the 1980s, they are some of the highest quality and best-looking roofing materials available. They are made with a heavy, fiberglass base, ceramic-coated granules and water-resistant asphalt.
CertainTeed Landmark, Charcoal Black
Why Should I Choose Architectural Shingles?
These are the top reasons discerning Portland homeowners choose architectural shingles for their roofs:
- Longevity and durability: Most manufacturers can give a warranty of 30-40 years because they make architectural shingles from the highest quality materials.
- Dimension and beauty: Unlike traditional flat shingles, architectural shingles provide an interesting contrast to a very utilitarian look. These shingles resemble the look of cedar shakes, slate and terra cotta. Because they have varied textures and colors, they beautifully accent varying roof planes, turrets, and gables.
- Multi-layer construction: Comprised of layers of durable materials, including asphalt, they are solidly-constructed, provide greater storm protection and look impressive when installed.
- Weight and thickness: These shingles weigh more than traditional, cheaper shingles because of their layered composition. Their superior construction increases their lifespan and provides optimal coverage and protection.
- Copper-infused: Many manufacturers add copper granules to their shingles to help prevent algae and mold growth.
- Improved run-off: When installed properly, architectural shingles help keep your roof drier and prevent snow and ice build-up that can ruin your roof and walls.
- Complementary styling: These shingles enhance all exterior materials like brick, stone and wood found on both traditional and contemporary homes.
- Increased value: Even if you aren’t looking to sell your home right now, architectural shingles do increase the value of your home when installed properly by a skilled professional roofing company.
CertainTeed Landmark® architectural laminate roofing shingle, color: Weathered Wood
CertainTeed Landmark® architectural laminate roofing shingle, color: Moire Black
Call Today for a Free Consultation on Installing Architectural Shingles
Our award-winning roofing team at All Surface Roofing & Construction are expert installers of exclusive architectural shingles. We have years of experience working with high-end roofing products.